Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, March 20, 2009

My talented child

Well we had an eventful few days this week! We got back from Mama and Daddy's yesterday. I had a meeting in Alexandria on Wednesday and its closer to drive from their house than mine. Mama watched her while I was at the meeting and I think it just reinforced her need to retire and come watch Natalie full time! I really enjoyed my time up there. I didn't feel stressed and it was like a mini-vacation. Also, Natalie slept about 9.5 hours both nights we were there! She didn't do that last night because I had to wake her up at 6 so we could get going, but I think she would have kept on because she was sound asleep and didn't want to wake up!


Last night Natalie was on her tummy time mat...which she DISPISES! I was cleaning up the kitchen and cooking supper and I turned around and she had manuevered herself 90 degrees and was laying on her side watching me. Since she had started out on her tummy facing away from me I was pretty impressed! I now consider her talented because she can turn circles! Daddy said its because her left arm is limp....a HILARIOUS comment made to make fun of me for being such a worrier! She layed the for a while talking to me and then proceeded to get really mad because I wouldn't come pick her up...like normal...and I swear she was going to roll over! Of course her arm was in the way and she didn't! BUT she was going from her back to her side with no effort so I think we are on our way!


Later she was sitting in my lap with her back leaned on my legs and she started flinging herself forward trying to sit up! Again I was impressed! She can sit up for a few seconds and then she falls backwards!


I can't believe how big my girl is getting! She will be walking by next week!


We are going to Steven's mom's tonight to eat crawfish for the first time and I can hardly wait!!! I am sure it will be blast trying to eat crawfish with Natalie screaming bloody murder...I can only assume she will be screaming because every other time I have tried to eat something like that (crabs, chicken wings) she thinks its funny to pick that moment to be fussy....lets hope she is good tonight!

Old Picture...but still applicable!

No comments: